Wendy L. Longmire
Ms. Longmire is an experienced and tenacious litigator, who excels in and out of the courtroom.
A member of Ortale Kelley since 1987, Ms. Longmire has honed her skills representing major companies and individuals who find themselves in conflict. Her career began with a judicial clerkship with Judge Walter C. Kurtz of the Fifth Circuit Court of Davidson County, Tennessee. Ms. Longmire, a partner since 1993, has tried hundreds of matters in jury and nonjury settings. She handles complex civil litigation involving death and personal injury alleged to have resulted from professional negligence and simple negligence, healthcare liability, products liability, negligent design and employment disputes.
In addition to her active litigation practice, Ms. Longmire is a Rule 31 listed General Civil Mediator. Ms. Longmire routinely presents seminars involving complex tort liability. She stays active in the community. She is a Past-President for Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women and serves as Vice-Chancellor of the Episcopal Diocese of Tennessee. She volunteers her time to: Nashville Pro Bono Program; The Davidson County Mock Trial Competition; The Nashville Symphony; and serves on the Nashville Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Committee. Ms. Longmire is presently serving on the Nashville Bar Association Board of Directors and was recently elected to the position of Second Vice President- elect of the Nashville Bar Association. Ms. Longmire was also named Best of the Bar 2017 for her skills in litigation.
- Obtained numerous defense verdicts in jury trials in multi-million dollar medical malpractice cases.
- Medical malpractice cases dismissed by Motion based on Plaintiff’s failure to comply with statutory requirements regarding Health Care Liability Act.
- Obtained numerous defense verdicts in jury trials involving personal injury.
- Named in Super Lawyers Magazine as a top-rated lawyer for her expertise in practice areas of Medical Malpractice, Products Liability and Civil Litigation Defense for over 5 years.
University of Mississippi
University of Kentucky Law School
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Nominated and accepted into the Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law Class of 2017
- Named in Super Lawyers Magazine as a top-rated lawyer for her expertise in practice areas of Medical Malpractice, Products Liability and Civil Litigation Defense for over 5 years
- Rated “AV” Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards)
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Board-Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy
- 2013 recognized as a Top-rated Insurance Lawyers in Insurance Law by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell