Alcoholic Beverage Law
Alcoholic Beverage Law Attorneys in Nashville, TN
At Ortale Kelley, our attorneys provide legal services to restaurants, hotels, clubs, package liquor stores and bar establishments to serve and/or sell alcohol, ensuring that all federal, state and local licensing and permit laws, regulations and ordinances are followed. We work extensively with the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission, the Tennessee Department of Revenue and directly with numerous city and county beer boards throughout the state. In addition, our litigation attorneys represent business entities and individual business owners with respect to citations for alleged violations of beer and/or alcoholic beverage laws. Our alcoholic beverage attorneys are also experts in business entity formation and real estate matters associated with licensing.
Our attorneys strive to provide all clients with cost-effective services and solutions, whether we are assisting a local bar owner or a national restaurant chain. Our extensive experience with alcoholic beverage law has allowed us to develop informational resources that are at our disposal to timely meet your licensing needs.
Because Ortale Kelley is a full-service law firm, our alcoholic beverage attorneys may draw upon the experience and knowledge of other Ortale Kelley attorneys in the following practice areas:
- Alcohol beverage licenses and permits at the local, state and federal level
- Renewal of alcohol beverage licenses and permits
- Business licensing compliance for all establishments that serve alcohol, including restaurants, bars, hotels and entertainment venues
- Business licensing compliance for all manufacturers, importers, wholesalers and retailers
- Brewery of High Gravity Beer, Distillery and Winery licenses
- Retail Food Store licenses
- Sales and use tax registration
- Acquisition and/or leasing of business premises
- Compliance with local health codes as well as building code and occupancy requirements
- Liquor license and beer permit citation defense
- Dram shop and alcoholic beverage liability defense