Gerald C. Wigger
Gerald “Jerry” Wigger is an experienced civil litigation attorney who focuses his practice on premises liability, personal injury, homeowners’ associations, homeowners’ association disputes and insurance defense.
Mr. Wigger is a Nashville native. He is a graduate of the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor of Arts degree with Honors. He attended the Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law and completed his law school studies at the University Of Tennessee College Of Law where he received his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree in 1988.
Mr. Wigger joined the firm in 1988, became a Partner in 1994, and is an AV-Rated Attorney.
A well-known legal authority in his areas of practice, Mr. Wigger regularly speaks at seminars regarding Homeowners’ Associations, and other professional groups and organizations. Mr. Wigger has served on the Board of Directors for the Tennessee Chapter of Community Associations Institute since 2015 and has recently been elected to another term. He has been a Presenter at the CAI Law Seminar on two occasions (2017 and 2018) and, along with his Co-Presenters, was awarded “Best Manuscript” in 2017.
- Hutchinson v. Alexander, Davidson County Ct (2015).
- Smith and Williams v. Johnson and Legends, Inc., Davidson County Ct. (2015).
- Represents State Farm Mutual Insurance.
- Represents Hudson Insurance Group.
- Represents Community Association Underwriters.
- Represents QBE North America.
- Represents Brentwood County Club Homeowner’s Association Inc.
- Represents Encore Homeowner’s Association Inc.
- Represents Cameron Farms Homeowner’s Association Inc.
- Represents Haynes Crossings Homeowner’s Association Inc.
- Represents Harpeth Trace Homeowner’s Association Inc.
- Represents Villager Homeowners’ Association, Inc.
University of Tennessee
University of Tennessee College of Law
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Nashville Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Foundation Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Harry Phillips Inn of Court
- Hearing Committee of the Board of Professional Responsibility, District V
- Knights of Columbus, Advocate
- Board of Directors of the Tennessee Chapter of the Community Association Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Saddle UP!