Jeremy H. Cherry
Whether a client needs legal advisement on the sale, purchase or management of real estate or corporate assets or assistance with alcoholic beverage licensing, Jeremy Cherry’s broad expertise in transactional law allows him to service the client’s needs.
Mr. Cherry is a partner and has been with the firm since 2002. Mr. Cherry represents and advises real estate developers, landlords, tenants, and real estate brokers regarding the planning, structure, finance, purchase/sell, leasing, and management of commercial real estate for restaurants, retail, convenience stores and gas stations, office space, and mixed use developments. He also represents and advises both real estate developers and lending institutions in the planning, structure, finance, and management of condominium projects and planned unit developments (PUDs) and assists developers as well as lenders, builders, real estate agents, and their clients, with respect to the closing of residential and commercial transactions, including the issuance of title insurance.
Mr. Cherry provides counsel and guidance for condominium and homeowners’ associations as well as property managers with respect to the interpretation and enforcement of restrictive covenants and other legal documents, resolution of disputes, and collection of delinquent assessments.
Mr. Cherry represents restaurants, hotels, clubs and bar establishments that serve alcohol with all Tennessee state and local licensing and permitting for liquor, beer, dance, and special events. He also assists business owners with other legal issues related to the alcoholic beverage licensing and permitting process, such as formation of corporate entities, sales and use tax registration, acquisition and/or leasing of the business premises, compliance with local building code and occupancy requirements, and obtaining and/or renewal of local business licenses.
Mr. Cherry also assists businesses and individuals with respect to forming business entities, including the preparation of related legal documentation and filings, and he also provides legal counsel related to asset or stock purchases, buyouts, and dissolutions.
- Represented several prominent local developers and builders with the acquisition, development, financing, and third party closings, of mixed use and condominium developments in Middle Tennessee.
- Represented multiple local lending institutions with numerous multi-million acquisition, construction, development, and business/consumer loans.
- Represented prominent restaurant operators with all alcoholic beverage and related licensing for locations in Tennessee.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE LAW PARALEGAL
Vicki L. Schmidt
University of Tennessee College of Law
Juris Doctorate, cum laude
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- National Association of Licensing and Compliance Professionals
- NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate
- Development Association
- Contributor, Tennessee Condo Talk
- CAI member, Community Associations Institute
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee