David B. Scott
With more than 29 years of courtroom experience, David B. Scott is a trial lawyer who concentrates his practice in commercial and tort litigation.
Mr. Scott joined the firm in 1987. He attended the University of Tennessee, obtaining his undergraduate degree in 1983 and his law degree in 1986. During law school, Mr. Scott was a Case Note Editor for the Tennessee Law Review.
Mr. Scott, an AV-Rated Lawyer, primarily practices in the area of civil litigation in both state and federal court. He has been admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. During his career, he has handled a variety of cases dealing with commercial and tort litigation. He has extensive trial experience, both jury and non-jury, in matters involving professional liability, contract disputes, premises liability, insurance, construction defects, products liability, class actions, defamation, real estate and personal injury. Mr. Scott also provided risk management seminars for area real estate agencies.
In addition to his membership in various professional organizations, Mr. Scott was listed in the Nashville Business Journal’s Best of the Bar for four consecutive years. He is involved in many community activities, including Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee, the advisory committee for the Nashville Symphony and chairs the annual campaign for St. Paul Christian Academy. Mr. Scott is a native of Humboldt, Tennessee.
- Erie Ins. Exchange v. Rose, 2012 WL 3027224 (Tenn. Ct. App.).
- Stinson v. Crye-Leike, Inc., 198 Fed. Appx. 512 (6th Cir. 2006).
- The Cadco, LLC v. Barry, 2006 WL 140412 (Tenn. Ct. App.).
- National Ins. Ass’n. v. Simpson, 155 S.W.3d 134
(Tenn. App. 2004).
- Original Christ Temple Church v. Alexander & Assoc., Inc., 2004 WL 223323 (Tenn. Ct. App.).
- Guerra v. Peeks, 2003 WL 22660694 (Tenn. Ct. App.).
- Heatherly v. Merrimack Mut. Fire Ins. Co., 43 S.W.3d 911
(Tenn. App. 2000).
- Andrews v. Salter, 2000 WL 1679495 (Tenn. Ct. App.)
University of Tennessee
B.A. Economics With Honors
University of Tennessee College of Law
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- AV Rated Lawyer
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Fellow, Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association