Ms. Kinnard’s persistence and dedication to her clients enables her to exceed expectations in and out of the courtroom.
Ms. Kinnard joined the firm in 2019 after receiving her J.D. from Belmont University, where she was named to the Dean’s List and received Best Performance Awards in several of her classes. She was also named Best Peer Mentor for her efforts in helping 1Ls navigate law school.
As a law student, Ms. Kinnard was an active participant on three of Belmont’s Moot Court teams, and traveled for regional and national competitions. She won awards at the National Appellate Advocacy Competition for her skills in brief writing and oral advocacy. Ms. Kinnard used these same skills in Belmont’s Advanced Trial Advocacy class, which offered students the opportunity to try a mock case in front of Davidson County judges.
Growing up in a military family, Ms. Kinnard traveled across the country and across the world. The constant change in scenery from small towns to foreign countries has made her quick on her feet and excellent at communicating. Ms. Kinnard uses these talents to ensure that her clients’ needs are met. When she isn’t in the courtroom, Ms. Kinnard enjoys boxing and watching her dogs swim in middle Tennessee’s lakes and rivers.
- Prosecuted and defended personal injury claims across Tennessee;
- Wrote a motion for summary judgment that successfully ended a wrongful death suit before trial;
- Assisted in litigating a complex, white-collar federal criminal case;
- Advised homeowner’s associations on various matters, including intersections with criminal justice.
B.A. English and Honors, cum laude
Belmont University College of Law
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Editor, Belmont University College of Law Health Law Journal
- Captain, Belmont University College of Law Board of Advocates