Real Estate Litigation
Business Formation and Litigation
Appellate Advocacy Law
Homeowner’s Associations and Condominium Law
Insurance Defense Law
Mrs. Kinnard’s persistence and dedication to her clients enables her to exceed expectations in and out of the courtroom.
Mrs. Kinnard joined the firm after receiving her J.D. from Belmont University, where she was named to the Dean’s List and received Best Performance Awards in several of her classes. Mrs. Kinnard was also an Editor of Belmont’s Health Law Journal and a Captain for the Board of Advocates. She was named Best Peer Mentor for her efforts in helping 1Ls navigate law school.
Since joining the firm, Mrs. Kinnard has developed her practice into representing clients in a wide array of real estate litigation matters, including construction defect litigation, real estate partition litigation, boundary dispute litigation and homeowners association litigation. Mrs. Kinnard has represented general contractors, subcontractors, home inspectors, homeowners associations and individuals in various matters that touch on real property issues. Mrs. Kinnard also represents various clients in real estate transactional matters, including residential and commercial real estate closings and assets purchases. Mrs. Kinnard frequently assists local businesses and other corporate clients on business formation, contract drafting and review, and business dispute resolution. In addition to these representative practice areas, Mrs. Kinnard works hard for her clients in a wide array of general civil litigation and insurance defense matters.
Mrs. Kinnard has also briefed and argued several appeals before the Tennessee Court of Appeals and Tennessee Supreme Court. She enjoys the opportunity to represent her clients in cases that contribute to the development of case law in Tennessee.
Growing up in a military family, Mrs. Kinnard traveled across the country and across the world. The constant change in scenery from small towns to foreign countries has made her quick on her feet and excellent at communicating. Mrs. Kinnard uses these talents to ensure that her clients’ needs are met. When she isn’t in the courtroom, Mrs. Kinnard enjoys spending time with her husband and twins, boxing, and watching her dogs swim in middle Tennessee’s lakes and rivers.
- Pandharipande v. FSD Corporation, 2022 WL 1280438 (Tenn. Ct. App. Apr. 29, 2022);
- McAllister v. Lawrence County School System Board of Education, 2022 WL 776700 (Tenn. Ct. App. Mar. 15, 2022);
- Successfully disposed of many cases at the trial court level by dispositive motions, including motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgement;
- Assisted in drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, declarations of covenants, conditions, and restrictions, and other real estate transactional documents;
- Appeared on behalf of clients in bench and jury trials in Tennessee trial courts across the state.
B.A. English and Honors, cum laude
Belmont University College of Law
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Editor, Belmont University College of Law Health Law Journal
- Captain, Belmont University College of Law Board of Advocates