J. Walker Lewis
Walker joined the firm in 2021 after graduating from the University of Tennessee College of Law. During law school, in addition to clerking for Ortale Kelley, Walker clerked for Honorable Mark S. Norris in the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee.
At UT, Walker engaged in a number of activities. He was on the Moot Court Board after being recognized for his brief writing in the College of Law’s “Advocate’s Prize” mock trial competition. Additionally, Walker served on two peer reviewed journals, Tennessee Law Review as an Articles Editor and on Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law as a Research Editor. Walker published several case comments with Transactions while on the Journal.
Since joining the firm, Walker focuses on representing a wide variety of clients. He works on cases including healthcare liability defense, governmental liability defense, and represents homeowner and condominium associations in Tennessee.
In his free time, Walker enjoys spending time outdoors with his fiancée and their dog, Charlie, and golf rounds that end with scores under three digits.
- Assisted in defending construction defect cases.
- Assisted in providing legal guidance for homeowner and condominium associations on a multitude of matters, including restrictions enforcement, interpretation of governing documents, and counsel on matters arising out of property management;
- Assisted in defending civil rights litigation matters involving allegations of use of excessive force and allegations of unlawful search and seizure.
- Assisted in defending premises liability cases involving personal injury and alcohol service and consumption.
University of Mississippi
B.A. Business Administration (2017)
University of Tennessee College of Law
Juris Doctor (2021)
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association