Richard W. Sebastian
Real Estate investors, developers, lenders and builders call upon Richard Sebastian to bring their project or transaction to a successful closing.
Mr. Sebastian is the managing partner of the firm. Having joined the firm in 1988, Mr. Sebastian concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate law, commercial transactions, and corporate law. His real estate experience includes negotiation and implementation of all aspects of acquisitions, leasing, financing and structuring. Mr. Sebastian represents small and large corporations in drafting and negotiating buy-sell, partnership and operating agreements, corporate and limited liability company structurings and reorganizations, and the formation of joint ventures. Additionally, he represents banks and other financial institutions in lending transactions involving all types of collateral
- Represented prominent developer in the development, financing, and sale of several large mixed-use condominiums in areas such as the “Gulch” area of Nashville, Germantown, and Brentwood, Tennessee.
- Provided general counsel to one of the region’s largest home builders for over twenty years.
- Recently represented real estate investor in the approximately $80 million sale of multiple mixed-use commercial buildings in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Represented a developer in evaluating the acquisition of the multiple potential mixed-use properties throughout the Southeast.
- Represented numerous lenders and borrowers in asset-based and cash flow loans and mezzanine financing, ranging from $1 million to $100 million.
- Assisted Murray Inc., a manufacturer of power products, in the approximately $750 million sale to a foreign investment company.
Middle Tennessee State University
Nashville School of Law
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Counsel to the Executive Board for Habitat for Humanity of Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Counsel to the Tennessee Association of Construction
- Tennessee Land Title Association