Rick joined Ortale Kelley in 2022 after graduating from the Belmont University College of Law. After attending Miami University in Oxford, Ohio and earning a B.A. in English with a concentration in professional writing, Rick returned home to Nashville and spent a number of years in the healthcare industry before attending law school at Belmont.
During his time at Belmont Law, Rick clerked for several local Nashville law firms, where he gained crucial first-hand experience in general civil litigation matters and the federal administrative agency system. Finally, Rick served as an intern with the Tennessee Administrative Office of Courts in their Access to Justice division, where he focused on promoting a civil right to counsel in landlord/tenant disputes.
Since joining the firm, Rick has worked on a variety of cases across multiple practice areas, including homeowner and condominium association disputes, governmental liability defense, and workers compensation defense and settlement.
Rick is originally from New Jersey, spent his younger years in Asheville, North Carolina, and has lived in the Nashville area since 2007. In his free time, Rick enjoys spending time with friends, playing golf, cooking, and anything hockey related.
- Assisted in providing legal guidance for homeowner and condominium associations on a multitude of matters, including restrictions enforcement, interpretation of governing documents, and disputes related to property management.
- Assisted in defending civil rights litigation matters involving allegations of use of excessive force and allegations of unlawful search and seizure.
- Assisted in personal injury defense litigation in a wide variety of contexts.
- Finalized workers compensation settlement agreements across the state of Tennessee.
B.A., English (2015)
Belmont University College of Law
Juris Doctor (2022)
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association