Appellate Advocacy Law
Our appellate advocacy attorneys hold a special set of skills. Outstanding appellate advocates can identify the strengths and weaknesses of a trial court result, understand appellate judges, and are comfortable navigating the complexities of appellate court. Appellate advocates are the best of the best at oral advocacy and persuasive brief writing. Our attorneys regularly appear before the Tennessee Court of Appeals, Tennessee Supreme Court Worker’s Compensation Panel, Tennessee Supreme Court, and United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Because of this appellate experience and trial experience in various fields of law, our attorneys are equipped to identify appellate issues before and during trial and to preserve those issues for a successful appeal.
Whether you are a potential client or an attorney seeking counsel, we will work with you to objectively assess you case, prioritize issues for appeal, and help you understand every stage of the appellate process. Whether the goal is to preserve a favorable outcome or overturn a negative one, our aim is to achieve the result you are seeking as efficiently as possible, while keeping you engaged.
Because Ortale Kelley is a full-service law firm, our appellate advocacy attorneys may draw upon the experience and knowledge of other Ortale Kelley attorneys in the following practice areas:
- Preserving issues for appeal during the trial stage
- Appeals from trial courts
- Appeals from trial court matters handled by other firms
- Issues pending in trial courts
- Consultation with trial counsel on issues and appeals
- Preparing amicus curiae briefs
- Researching, analyzing, and writing effective appellate briefs
- Preparing records on appeal
- Presenting oral argument
- Mediation during the appellate process