Elaine M. Youngblood
Insurance Defense Law
Ms. Youngblood represents insurance carriers as well as a wide range of clients in various matters, seeking an optimum result for her clients.
Ms. Youngblood’s areas of practice include civil litigation as well as defense and personal injury and workers compensation cases. Ms. Youngblood’s litigation experience includes trying over 250 jury trials as well as several hundred non-jury cases in a multitude of venues in the state of Tennessee. These actions have included premises liability cases, vehicular accident cases, as well as medical malpractice and workers’ compensation cases.
- Regularly represents employers and their insurance carriers in the defense of worker’s compensation actions as well as personal injury actions.
- Has tried over 250 jury trials in personal injury, death, and medical malpractice cases, as well as hundreds of non-jury cases in a multitude of venues in the State of Tennessee. These have included premises liability cases, vehicular accident cases, and worker’s compensation. Has obtained numerous defense verdicts or verdicts below pre-trial offers.
- As staff counsel for a large national insurance carrier, she was involved in a landmark case In Re: Petition of Youngblood, et alia 895 S.W.2d, 322 (Tenn. 1995) wherein the ethical relationships between staff counsel as well as law firms and insurance carriers were more closely defined. Represents small companies (non-profits), relative to day to day operations.
Wake Forest University
Albany Law School
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Member of ABOTA, Nashville, Tennessee, and Texas Bar Associations
- Prior Chair of the Nashville Bar Fee Dispute Committee
- AV Pre-eminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Prior President of Pi Beta Phi Alumnae Club (Christmas Village)
- Member of the Opera Guild
- Frequent speaker at local and European CLE seminars, including The Center for International Legal Studies in Salzburg, Austria.