Brooks joined Ortale Kelley after receiving his J.D. from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law. Previously, Brooks graduated cum laude from Spring Hill College in Mobile, Alabama with degrees in Business Management & Marketing and Financial Economics. During law school, Brooks gained valuable experience through supervised law practice in both the Elder Law Clinic and Advanced Elder Law Clinic. He attended law school on an academic scholarship, worked full-time every summer and part-time during the school year, along with actively participating as a member of the Moot Court Board and serving as President of the Sports & Entertainment Law Society.
Since joining Ortale Kelley, both as a summer intern and now associate, Brooks has developed broad experience in civil litigation, excelling in researching difficult issues and distilling this knowledge into briefs and pleadings. Brooks works out of Ortale Kelley’s Memphis office and is eager to continue to help service the firm’s clients and to make a difference in his community.
Brooks is an avid runner, golfer, and a sports aficionado of college football and Major League Baseball.
- Assisted in providing legal guidance for homeowner and condominium associations on a multitude of matters, including restrictions enforcement, interpretation of governing documents, and disputes related to property management.
- Assisted in defending civil rights litigation matters involving allegations of use of excessive force and allegations of unlawful search and seizure.
- Assisted in personal injury defense litigation in a wide variety of contexts.
- Finalized workers compensation settlement agreements across the state of Tennessee.
Spring Hill College
B.S., Business Management & Marketing and Financial Economics (2019)
University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
Juris Doctor (2022)
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association