Britton J. Allan
Appellate Advocacy Law
Insurance Defense Law
Mr. Allan represents a wide range of civil and criminal clients in litigation matters. His charisma during negotiations and continued success in the courtroom ensures the best possible result for each individual client.
Mr. Allan joined the firm in 2008. He attended the University of Tennessee, where he obtained his undergraduate degree in 1999. Mr. Allan obtained his law degree from the University of Memphis in 2002.
Mr. Allan is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts of the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Tennessee as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. He primarily practices in the area of tort litigation and has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of litigation matters in both state and federal Court. During his career, Mr. Allan has represented clients in litigation matters concerning contract disputes, insurance coverage disputes, civil rights lawsuits, general negligence claims, and professional malpractice lawsuits. Mr. Allan also has extensive trial experience in personal injury insurance defense and criminal defense matters.
- Anderson v Sloan’s Sales & Service, Inc. (Rutherford County Circuit; 9/17/13).
- Hercules v. Walmart (United States District Court in Nashville; 3/19/2014).
- Philadelphia Insurance v. Buck’s Plumbing (Putnam County Circuit; 8/22/2014).
University of Tennessee
University of Memphis
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- 2015 Superlawyers Rising Star
- AV-Rated Lawyer
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- 2015 Champion of the Ortale Kelley Fantasy Baseball League