Kiel A. Kovalcik
Kiel received his J.D. from Belmont University and joined the firm in 2022. Prior to law school, Kiel served as infantry rifleman in the United States Marine Corps where he served in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. As a Marine, Kiel was trained to improvise, adapt, and overcome any obstacle no matter the situation. Kiel utilizes this warrior mentality to zealously advocate for his clients and provide them with the best possible outcome.
Following his graduation from law school, Kiel had the privilege to clerk for the Honorable Michael W. Binkley and the Honor Joseph A. Woodruff in the Twenty-First Judicial District Circuit and Chancery Courts in Williamson County, Tennessee. As a law clerk, Kiel authored initial drafts of orders and memoranda articulating decisions made by the trial judges in civil, domestic, and criminal cases. After his clerkship, Kiel worked as a staff attorney for the federal government where he defended clients and stakeholders in a variety of employment related matters brought before administrative tribunals. Kiel also has experience defending civil litigants in cases involving sexual harassment, governmental liability, and other civil rights litigation matters.
Since joining the firm Kiel’s practice primarily consists of professional negligence, employment, and healthcare liability.
In his free time, Kiel enjoys spending time with his wife, Maygan, and their two dogs, Tito and Justice, playing golf, and Tennessee football.
- Assisted in defending medical malpractice claims.
- Assisted in defending civil rights litigation matters involving allegations of governmental liability, use of excessive force and allegations of unlawful search and seizure.
- Assisted in defending premises liability cases involving personal injury and alcohol service and consumption.
- Defended clients and stakeholders against claims for unlawful discrimination, hostile work environment, and whistleblower retaliation.
Middle Tennessee State University
B.A. Business Administration (2014)
Belmont University College of Law
Juris Doctor (2018)
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association