Rachel C. Hogan
Ms. Hogan represents a large range of clients in civil litigation matters in state and federal court. Ms. Hogan is admitted to practice in all federal district courts in Tennessee.
Ms. Hogan began her career at Ortale Kelley in 2015 after receiving her J.D. from Belmont University College of Law, where she graduated cum laude with the Health Law Certificate. Ms. Hogan quickly gained extensive experience as a litigator, participating in the defense at trial of negligence, health care liability, professional liability, and employment-related claims. Currently, Ms. Hogan focuses her practice on employment law and professional liability, as well as representing medical professionals in complex health care liability cases. She has repeatedly been named a “Rising Star” by Thomas Reuters Super Lawyers in the area of Civil Litigation.
In addition to her practice, Ms. Hogan often returns to Belmont to mentor law students in trial advocacy.
- Obtained dismissal by motion of local physicians against claims of health care liability. Decision upheld on appeal.
- Defended local municipalities and school boards from claims of employment discrimination, as well as various additional federal claims.
- Represents individuals and small businesses in tort and breach of contract claims.
B.A. Journalism, summa cum laude
Belmont University College of Law
Juris Doctorate, cum laude
Health Law Certificate
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Society for Human Resource Management