Rachel C. Hogan
Ms. Hogan participates in representing a wide range of clients in litigation matters to help ensure the best possible result for each individual client.
Ms. Hogan joined the firm in 2015 after receiving her J.D. from Belmont University, where she was named to the Dean’s List and graduated cum laude with the Health Law Certificate. While attending Belmont, Ms. Hogan was a staff member on the Belmont Law Review, as well as a member of Belmont’s Board of Advocates. Her 3L year, she served as Vice President of Trial Advocacy.
During her time at Belmont, Ms. Hogan gained extensive experience in the courtroom, dedicating many hours to her school’s Mock Trial program and Trial Advocacy courses. Her 2L year, she competed in the AAJ’s annual student advocacy competition, placing second in the region. Returning her 3L year, Ms. Hogan’s team won the regional competition and went on to place in the top eight in the nation. Ms. Hogan often returns to campus to assist with coaching Belmont’s rising Mock Trial teams.
Since joining the firm, Ms. Hogan immediately began participating in trial preparation on a variety of issues, including complex medical malpractice cases, insurance defense and general tort defense, as well as various employment issues. Ms. Hogan is now actively involved in representing clients in state and federal litigation. She is admitted to the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, gaining experience in employment and governmental liability issues. Ms. Hogan is a member of the firm’s governmental liability group.
- Involved in trial preparation for defending multiple local physicians against claims of negligence.
- Participated in defending local cities and school boards from claims of employment discrimination as well as various federal claims.
- Represented several individuals, insurance companies, and small businesses in tort and breach of contract claims.
B.A. Journalism, summa cum laude
Belmont University College of Law
Juris Doctorate, cum laude
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- 2017 Community Associations Institute Law Seminar Best Manuscript for Social Media in Communities, Research Assistant to Gerald C. Wigger