Douglas A. Brace
Mr. Brace’s practice includes a diverse combination of commercial transactions, corporate law and owners association matters.
Mr. Brace has been a partner in the firm since 1978, having joined the firm in 1974. Mr. Brace obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree, with honors, from Austin Peay State University in 1968 and his law degree from Vanderbilt Law School in 1974. From 1968 to 1971, Mr. Brace served on active duty in the United States Army, Field Artillery and was honorably discharged as a First Lieutenant. From 1971 to 1994, Mr. Brace served in the United States Army Reserves, Military Police and Judge Advocate General Corps, retiring with the rank of Colonel.
Mr. Brace, an AV-Rated Lawyer, concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial real estate, commercial transactions and corporate law matters. He has been admitted to the following courts: 1974, all local state courts and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Tennessee; 1975, the United States District Court for the Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee; 1977, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit; 1980, the United States Supreme Court and 1991, the United States Court of Military Appeals. Throughout his tenure, Mr. Brace has had extensive experience in multi-state transactions involving complex, multi-million dollar, commercial transactions.
- Regularly represents individuals and investors in the acquisition, sale, leasing and financing of residential and commercial real estate.
- Represented regional petroleum jobber in the multi-million dollar acquisition of 50 plus convenience stores located in several states.
- Represents many owners’ associations for luxury high rise multiple use buildings.
Austin Peay State University
Vanderbilt Law School
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACCOLADES
- Served on the real estate, ethics and environmental law committees of the Nashville Bar Association
- Member of the Tennessee Land Title Association
- Fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation