Wendy L. Longmire
Ms. Longmire joined Ortale, Kelley, Herbert & Crawford in 1987 after a one-year judicial clerkship with Judge Walter C. Kurtz of the Fifth Circuit Court of Davidson County and became a partner in the firm in 1993. A graduate of the University of Mississippi with a Bachelor of Arts degree, Ms. Longmire completed her law school studies in Kentucky, her native state. Ms. Longmire attended University of Kentucky Law School and Vanderbilt Law School, receiving her J.D. from the University of Kentucky in 1986.
Ms. Longmire, an AV-Rated Lawyer, is an experienced litigator in jury and nonjury matters. In 2000, Ms. Longmire became board certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, an American Bar Association accredited organization, as well as certified by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization. On 2012, Ms. Longmire is a Rule 31 listed General Civil Mediator. She handles lawsuits involving medical malpractice, or other professional negligence, premises liability, contract disputes, products liability, employment litigation and personal injury. Ms. Longmire routinely presents seminars regarding litigation, including medical malpractice and personal injury, to various corporate clients.
As a member of the Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations, as well as the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, the American Trial Lawyers Association and the Lawyers Association for Women, Ms. Longmire stays active in the legal community. She is presently serving as the President-Elect for Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women.
Ms. Longmire is active in community service by volunteering her time to the Nashville Pro Bono Program, The Davidson County Mock Trial Competition, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, The Nashville Symphony, and serving on the NBA CLE Committee.
- Sherie L. Hartman
- Phone: 615-780-7509
- Appellate Practice
- Constitutional Torts / Governmental Liability
- Construction & Engineering Liability
- Food & Restaurant Liability
- Insurance Defense & Coverage
- Labor & Employment
- Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury & General Tort
- Professional Liability
- State of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Nashville Bar Foundation – Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women – Director of Middle Tennessee
- Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization
- International Association of Defense Counsel